Visitors to the 2017 Ramona Art and Wine Festival at Begent Ranch on Saturday, November 4, 2017 included several hundred wine and art enthusiasts who tasted wine from 13 different wineries, viewed and purchased a variety of art from as many as 30 local artists, and rallied around the six hand-painted wine barrels to participate in their live auction. The Festival raised $21,000 to help fund the Ramona Murals H.E.A.R.T. projects.
The Festival this year introduced a food pavilion of catered appetizers, lunch entrée and dessert in a joint presentation by John Little Catering & Something Delicious Catering, picnic style under the shade of a giant oak tree. Also new this year, the Festival hosted an “Artists Wine and Cheese Reception” on Friday, October 27, at 2Create Gallery sponsored by the Ramona Art Guild. The public met the artists displaying their work at the Festival and also previewed the six hand-painted barrels to be auctioned at the Festival.
Thanks to sponsors:
- Champagne Sponsors: Begent Ranch; Ramona Valley Vineyard Association.
- Chardonay Sponsor: Sky Valley Network.
- Grenache Rosé Sponsors: Bank of Southern California, N.A.; C&C Sales and Marketing-Glass Tech, Christine Wingar; Joyce T Strand, Author.
- White Zinfandel Sponsors: Lafitte Cork & Capsule, Napa, CA; Ramona Art Guild; Ramona Disposal; Ramona Gold Olive Oil.
And to our barrel hosts and artists:
- Bright Yoga; artist Lyn Feudner.
- Chris Anderson REALTOR® sponsor. Barrel displayed at Ramona Family Naturals; artist Samantha Marsch.
- D’Carlos restaurant; artist Pamela Wilder.
- Ramona Boll Weevil; artist Lynette Bredow.
- San Vicente Resort; artist Tracy Weinzapfel Studios.
- Walter Andersen Nursery; artist Jackie Neal.
The sixth annual Ramona Art and Wine Festival will be held on Saturday, November 3, 2018. Don’t miss it!